Thursday, September 29, 2005

What would Jesus do? WWJD

Fritzner and Ja-Roro came to me Sunday afternoon and talked about a woman they had met. Seems she was turned away at the gate here and she saw Ja-Roro and Fritzner leaving soon afterwards. She begged them to help her. They listened and decided that they would talk to me about her. I gave them the standard "we are real low on money these days" but they were persistent. I agreed to let them and two of my staff visit the woman's home and verify the story. Baie Du Mesle, the village where this poor widow lives with her ten children and two orphans, has no school, no clinic, no chapel or church. My guys were very disturbed by what they saw and they are not strangers to poverty. We took three of the boys to live at Castel-Pere even though we really can't afford to right now because [as Ja-Roro and Fritzner reminded me] this is what Jesus would do.

3 comments:

  1. What wonderful, caring hearts your boys and staff have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The boys that went to this village were so taken by the desperate conditions that they want to do something to help. They are visiting the village this week to talk to some of those in charge. It didn't take them long to see a situation and do something about it. Most of these boys are in their late teens. Gives us food for thought???

    ReplyDelete