Monday, July 31, 2006

Absence makes the heart grow fonder !

Sorry about the lack of updates and photos. I am in California at the moment and busy with fundraising activities. Spoke at all the Masses at St Hedwig's Parish in Los Alamitos this past weekend and was very well received. Their pastor, Father Ken, will be coming to visit us in mid-August which could lead to all kinds of wonderful, collaborative things. Am scheduled to be in Maine for the weekend of the 12th and 13th of August and will be home by the 16th. Updates and photos will start up again at that time.
Many of you know that my mother passed away on the 17th of July. I was fortunate enough to be there and to have communicated one last time with her. Thank you for your prayers and support. My sisters and I deeply appreciate your concern.

4 comments:

  1. Great hearing you at St Hedwig's Fr. Marc! My dad was a career naval officer and he often told the story when he was assigned as a liberty shore officer when his ship (USS Howard W. Gilmore, AS-16) would make port. This was just after he returned from the Marshall Islands post WWII. As with you, he was moved by the need and captivated by the people. That experience and others with missionaries in the Pacific, motivated him to support several missionary activities throughout his life. He passed into eternal life last August.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Father Marc - Save travels to you. My month at Espwa was life-changing. Thank you for the opportunity to volunteer with the children. I hope to return to Les Cayes.
    All the best, Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Fr. Marc,

    It has been years since I have spoken with you, though you are in my thoughts daily. Sorry to hear about your mom's passing. How proud she must be of you. The selfish part of me wishes you were still here, that we still had a parish even. But I am proud to say that I knew you, and I am proud of you.

    Smile,

    Lowell, MA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fr. Marc,

    It is such a heart warming experiene to read all about the great work you are doing with the people of Haiti.

    I feel so honored to have worked with someone as wonderful as you.

    I want to give you our condolences on the loss of your mom. I lost my dad this winter and am now caring for my mom.

    My husband and I would love to travel to places such as yours one day and volunteer our services, but right now it is only in God's plan for us to send donations.

    Take good care of yourself.

    Odette & Bert Therrien

    ReplyDelete