Thursday, June 19, 2008

Jean Robert Cadet

Dan receiving two copies of Mr. Cadet's book for our library.
Jean Robert Cadet poses with three of our boys: Woy, Ronaldo, and Blondel
Jean Robert Cadet, author of RESTAVEK, came for a visit this afternoon. His book brought the issue of child servitude and abuse in Haiti to the public's attention. RESTAVEK should be required reading for anyone interested in the well-being of Haitian children. Mr. Cadet said that he wished there had been a place like this when he was young and in need. A HUGE compliment when you consider his story.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I loved Mr.Cadet's book Restavec it's was powerful and inspired me to help Haiti.Because of Mr.Cadet, I now know God's plan for me on this Earth-to help Restavec's and Haiti.

    ReplyDelete