Saturday, February 24, 2007

Update

Leaving for Citrus Springs this morning. Will be preaching at St Elizabeth Ann Seton Church this weekend and seeing old friends. Will head to Ft Lauderdale on Monday for an early Tuesday flight back home.
Was in Eden, WI last weekend. As expected, the weather was frigid but the hospitality was very warm. Special thanks to Pat, Sandy and Father Charlie for coming out to Milwaukee to pick me up (and bringing me a warm coat) and to Sandy and her husband, Jerry, for driving me back there very early Monday morning. The ongoing generosity of Shepherd of the Hills' parish is very gratifying and encouraging.
Upon arrival (and defrosting) in the Sunshine State, I had the opportunity to address the Council of Catholic Women at St Thomas Aquinas Church. They've been long-time supporters and their help is much appreciated. I met with Father John McCormick, Director of the Orlando Diocesan Office of the Propagation of the Faith, and Dr. Lynne Nasrallah, board member of Food For The Poor.
Check in again after the 28th when I'll be home and have photos to post. God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment